Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Project PageMaps

I've decided on a project for myself! I recently purchased Becky Fleck's PageMaps 1 and I really love that book. Then for Christmas I asked for PageMaps 2 and I got it thanks to my wonderful honey. As I was cleaning and rearranging my craft room the other day I was trying to think of a good project to keep me motivated with my scrapbooking to get more pages done. An idea came to me as I was hanging my PageMap sketch cards on a hook. Why not create one layout a week from PageMaps 1 in order and then move on to PageMaps 2. Now, there are 60 sketches in the first book so if I want to finish the book by the end of the year I'm going to have to do more than one a week a few times. I started on my first layout today and am almost done, but the girls are on break from college and wanted to go shopping so I couldn't refuse!   I will finish it up tomorrow and get it posted by Friday and then I will post a layout from Project PageMaps every Wednesday.

If you would like to play along with me, I would love to have some company on this journey! If you do a layout with the same sketch I'm working on, email me a picture. I would love to post it on my blog along with mine.

Hope you are all having a wonderful week, see you Friday!!

6 comments:

  1. That's a great idea Kristina. Good luck!! And have fun with your girls before they head back to college.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea, girl! And such a fun challenge. Think of all the glorious pages that could be done. I've got the 1st book......going to see if I can play along with you some. I really don't make near as many pages as I would like to, and this may be just the incentive I need. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way......if you post next Wednesday, would that actually be sketch #2 then? Since you're posting one on Friday?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic idea Kristina.... maybe we can work on the same sketch in March when you are HERE WITH US!!! I am SO EXCITED about your up-coming visit... AN ENTIRE WEEK (plus some) with my Bestie... I'd count the days...but then I'd know how few there actually were between me and turning 50... so ummmm, I won't count.... LOL... AARP here I come!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab idea. I really need to check out these books. Can't wait to see your designs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a great idea! i have the first book collecting dust. lol.

    ReplyDelete

I have to admit...I LOVE comments!! Thank you so much for stopping by my little piece of the world. Have a great day!