Friday, January 28, 2011

Papercraft Star Scraplift Challenge

Happy Friday!!

The 30th challenge over at Papercraft Star is a fun one! Our challenge this week is a scraplift challenge. Scraplift ANY project on ANY of our current Papercraft Star Creative Team Member's blogs. You can see a list of all of our Creative Team Members right here. Be sure to add a link (or tell us) what Designer and what project you scraplifted from in your personal blog post so we can check it out!


If you are the winner of Challenge 30 you will win our People's Choice Award blog button as well as a prize from our sponsor. Our sponsor this week is Nikki Sivils, Scrabooker!! 


I decided to scraplift a card from my great friend, and co-founder of Papercraft Star, Beth Moore. When I went over to Beth's blog to check out her cards my eyes about popped out of my head when I saw that there were 108 items under the "cards" label. Her creations are all so amazing I was worried that I wouldn't be able to pick just one. And then, on the second page, what should appear.....CHICKENS!! Yeah...I was so excited. I stopped there and knew I didn't have to look any further. (whew..cuz 108 is a lot!) I honestly think she must have been thinking of me when she made this card anyway ;)
Here is Beth's fantastic card, 

I mainly wanted to copy the country/farm feel of Beth's card. I just love that chicken paper, I wish I had some! What I did have though was some farm themed paper from JilliBean Soup. I made a much simpler version of Beth's card, but that's me....simple. Here is my card,


The lighting for picture taking around here is not the best this week. It can't decide if it wants to be sunny or cloudy around here. I really need to get a light box. I did a lot of inking around the edges of the paper on this card, but it just doesn't show well in this photo....bummer.


I hope that you will join us at Papercraft Star this week for this fun challenge. You have until 12 Noon (eastern) Saturday Jan 29th to get your project linked up before the public voting begins. 
One other thing I wanted to mention about Papercraft Star's challenges, in case you didn't already know. Our challenges are posted weeks and weeks in advance, it's not a surprise every week. To see our upcoming challenges, just go to the challenges page on the blog...right HERE.




Supplies:
DP - Chicken Noodle (JilliBean Soup)
CS - Brown Kraft Cover Weight (Kraft Outlet)
Twill - Red/Brown Assort Pack (The Paper Studio)
Punch - Edge punch ?? (Fiskars), 1 7/16"  circle (The Paper Studio), Med and Large Scallop Circle (Marvy)
Stamp - Farm Fun (JilliBean Soup)
Ink - Distress Ink in Wild Honey and Vintage Photo (Ranger)

11 comments:

  1. What a fun challenge this week at Papercraft Star! I love the card you chose to lift from Beth. I can see why you liked it. :) And your take is just adorable. That Jillibean farm paper you used is so darn cute, and I adore anything with polka dots. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is adorable Kristina. What a great take on Beth's card. Love the paper and the kraft flower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think is farm-ulous! ;p

    love the flower with the stamped image of a truck...that is super cool.

    same her w;/the light situation. can't get it right at all-- lol

    hope you are doing well...hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this card Kristina! Your friends card is wonderful too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Who knew there was a tractor stamp any where in this world - only you, Kristina !! The perfect theme, and a totally fun card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is totally awesome!! I am so flattered that you picked one of my cards to inspire you...because you inspire me all the time! Funny, I have been meaning to mail you that card too! (Since I made it in fact!):-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE this card! How could I not? It has CHICKENS on it!! Fantastic scraplift Kristina! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love Beth's original and your scraplift. Such great colors and textures on both. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is such an adorable card. I love the stamp - it is such an original idea. Great lift!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this card Kristina. The farm action is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such an adorable card! Beth's is beautiful as well! Great lift!
    Regan

    ReplyDelete

I have to admit...I LOVE comments!! Thank you so much for stopping by my little piece of the world. Have a great day!