Thursday, March 11, 2010

My Green Card

It's funny that I call this my green card. I made this for the Moxie Fab Tuesday Trigger. If you only knew where this card started, you would laugh when you see where it ended. When I first saw the trigger, I knew exactly what I wanted to do. I instantly thought of the doily cut on the Wild Card cartridge. Then I had the idea to weave strips of green paper to imitate the pattern on the chair in the trigger picture. UUMMMM...yeah, that didn't work out so much. But this is where I ended up.




I still used the doily cut on the Wild Card cartridge, but my oh my did it change. I made this flower using a technique I learned by watching a tutorial by Tracy. It was so easy and I love love love how it came out. Thank you so much Tracy!! Anyway, I made the flower out of cream card stock and then I sprayed it with Marshmallow Glimmer Mist. I decided that I wanted it to have more depth so I rubbed some Tea Dye Distress Ink on my craft mat, sprayed it with water, and used my paintbrush to paint around the edges. After all that, I changed the paper I was using, AGAIN, and then went outside and snipped a little tiny branch off my baby tree. (Sorry honey, don't be mad) I also used the same Tea Dye Distress Ink on my cream colored satin ribbon. Here is a close up of the flower. I hope you all enjoy it as much as I do.


Thanks so much for stopping by my little piece of the world!
~KristinaH



11 comments:

  1. That flower is fab.... I have to admit - I tried weaving green and white paper too, I didn't like what I saw either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card! I love the circle shape and that flower in the middle. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card and your flower is just gorgeous! I love that you snipped a twig and added that! Great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Kristina! Thanks so much for the link to my tutorial. That was really sweet of you. Finally I get to see some other peoples flowers. LOL Beautiful! Drop me a line and tell me how you did the coloring. It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Kristina! What a fun approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for playing along! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That flower is simply gorgeous Kristina! Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow oh wow - I absolutely MUST make some of these incredible flowers. Yours turned out so beautiful with the coloring, honestly, it looks real. I watched the tutorial, and now, for the daily trip to Michael's to make these! Thanks for sharing, Kristina!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kristina.... first off I wanted to thank you for commenting on my blog, you are too sweet!

    Secondly, wow is this just gorgeous!!! I love it. I love that flower.

    Gaby

    ReplyDelete

I have to admit...I LOVE comments!! Thank you so much for stopping by my little piece of the world. Have a great day!