Sunday, November 28, 2010

"Whistle While You Work" - Better Living Through Scrapbooking


This weeks challenge is all about those household chores we all love and hate!



“Whistle While You Work” challenge
Create a layout about household tasks that you perform every day. (i.e. laundry, lawn mowing, cooking dinner, washing dishes, garden tending, school carpool, etc.) Journal about why you love or hate doing them.
Choose at least 2 of the following:
1. Use at least 2 photos that represent your household tasks.
2. Use a paper-tearing technique somewhere in your page design.
3. Use rubber or acrylic stamps somewhere in your page design.
4. Make a reference to Cinderella, Martha Stewart, or your favorite TV mom in your journaling.
5. Give a retro/50s theme to your page.”



There are lots of chores around the house that I would really rather not do! I really don't care for yard work or laundry. Although, I am extremely picky about how the laundry is done so I guess I am the one stuck doing it. Let's just put it this way, I would rather scrub toilets than do laundry and I have 4 toilets so that says a lot! Since I am not a big fan of mowing the lawn either I decided to do my layout about my son, Eric, learning how to mow the lawn for me. I used options number 1 and 4 for this layout.  Since this is my son, I made my own Cinderella word...Cinder-Dude. I love this collection from Basic Grey, it's great for boys! I painted the buttons with bronze paint to make them match the paper. I love the texture on these buttons from our sponsor Charlene's Button Box.

What chores do you love or hate? Why not make a layout about it and play along with me at Better Living Through Scrapbooking, you have until Nov 30th to submit your project.

Sponsor Supplies Used:
Cardstock: Discount Cardstock "Clove Felt 12x12, Brilliant White 80# 8 1/2 x 11
Paint: Plaid Apple Barrel Colors Craft Paint "Pure Bronze #20763"
Button: Charlene's Button Box "Yellow Square"


Additional Supplies Used:
Paper: Basic Grey "Max & Whiskers Collection"
Ink: Distress Ink "Tea Dye & Wild Honey"
Embellishments: American Crafts Thickers "Daydream", safety pin and twill from my stash
Tools: Stampin Up Punches

4 comments:

  1. Great LO! That paper does work nicely for boys! Interesting challenge and one of those kinds of things that would go great in my Book of Me album. Now, just to find some time! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun layout and what a good kid taking over a dreaded chore!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous LO! Too funny I am the same way about laundry. I hate doing it but I am very particular about how it is done so other than letting my daughter change loads from washer to dryer I am the only one that does laundry. I may have to try this challenge, not sure I have any "chore" pictures though. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great page, Kristina! Love that BG paper and love the overlapping photos. Super cute title work, too.

    ReplyDelete

I have to admit...I LOVE comments!! Thank you so much for stopping by my little piece of the world. Have a great day!