Monday, June 13, 2011

Father's Day with The Kraft Jouranl

It's all about Father's Day this week at The Kraft Journal. Use items from Kraft Outlet or Kraft Cardstock on your project to join in on the fun! This week I made a layout of my husband and son. I used a TON of items from Kraft Outlet, check it out.



I started out by using an 8 1/2 x 11 piece of  Lunch Bag Kraft Cardstock  as an anchor for the layout. It's decorated with Silver Bottle Caps, Tim Holtz Journaling Tickets and Gaffer Tape (Venice). I also used a few buttons from my stash.  A White Library Card and Pocket were inked up with Old Paper Distress Ink and used for journaling. The pocket was stamped with the 7gypsies ATC Write It stamp for added interest. I also used the little tab punch from Stampin Up  for a few spots that needed that little "something". I surrounded the picture with some lime green stitching on my sewing machine to create a frame since I did not mat the photo. I just adore this photo of my two guys and I really like how the layout turned out. I'm slowly (very slowly) feeling more confident about doing more masculine layouts. Practice, practice and more practice.

I hope that you will join us for the challenge this week at The Kraft Journal. Be sure to visit the blog and see what the other designers created for this theme.

Thanks for visiting and have a fantastic day!

1 comment:

I have to admit...I LOVE comments!! Thank you so much for stopping by my little piece of the world. Have a great day!