Monday, February 22, 2010

Simple Birthday Card

My mom's birthday is coming up this Sunday. I wanted to make a simple card that wasn't super girlie or frilly. I saw a video from Kristina Werner (her blog link is on my sidebar) where she clear embossed the woodgrain background. I really liked how it looked so I decided to give it a try. I'm very happy with the way this came out. It is so much prettier in person, you get to see more of the detail in the woodgrain.

My formula:
SU! Cardstock in Kraft
Tim Holtz Distress ink in Tea Dye
Zing Clear Embossing Powder
Butterfly by K&Company in the Tim Coffey collection
Brown satin ribbon
Woodgrain background stamp by All Night Media

2 comments:

  1. Hey Kristina! Thanks for entering the Olympics of Stamping Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! :)

    ReplyDelete

I have to admit...I LOVE comments!! Thank you so much for stopping by my little piece of the world. Have a great day!