Monday, May 16, 2011

Stand and Salute with The Kraft Journal


This week I  made this adorable Thank You gift bag for a friend that just returned from the Middle East. Non-traditional stars and stripes paper give this Kraft Coffee Bag a fun whimsical feel. Actually, this paper is a non-traditional Christmas paper that I just adore by Scenic Route. I love the colors, stars, stripes and dots and I thought it would be perfect for an out-of-the-box patriotic feel. I tied off the top of the bag with a bow out of Natural Twill Tying Tape. I cut a few stars on my Cricut from the Potpourri cartridge and layered them with pop-dots. I used a white gel pen to make faux stitching lines on the red stars and squares of paper. You can see a tutorial on how I did the pattern with the paper on Splitcoast Stampers right HERE, it's called the Bargello Technique.

Be sure to head on over to The Kraft Journal and check out this new challenge. Our fabulous design team always has the greatest projects to share and inspire!

6 comments:

  1. I absolutely adore this coffee bag project, Kristina! How fabulous that you used out of the box papers and colors for this patriotic theme. I just LOVE that! Love the pattern paper technique, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo! This is awesome. Love, LOVE the bargello look and those papers are so fun and bright. Adorable Kristina!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kristina! What a fun and cute project! I love that you used untraditional colors and papers, it really makes your project unique. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristina, you know how much I adore ALL of your projects...but I think this is one of MY FAVORITES ever... I just adore how you combined the papers on this and it just such a bright and happy project... perfecto! xoxoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this. Great colors! I have even done the Bargello technique, a long time ago.

    ReplyDelete

I have to admit...I LOVE comments!! Thank you so much for stopping by my little piece of the world. Have a great day!